- (4 pounds) Grassfed Rib Roast (bone-in)
- Salt, Pepper, Butter, Chopped Parsley
- Cooking Oil
Figure about 1/2 pound per person so a 4-pound roast should feed about 8 people.
After slathering the beef spices, blast it for 20 minutes in a hot oven to get the crust going, then roast in a relatively low oven of 120°C/250°F for a further 1.5 hours before resting for 20 to 30 minutes.
The high temperature creates a crust quickly, sealing the juices in. Then we turn the temperature down to roast it slowly and evenly so it’s blushing pink all the way through, rather than ending up with a thick overcooked band around the outside of the beef.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Rub the roast with cooking oil
- Season aggressively with butter, salt, pepper, and chopped rosemary
- Chop onion, carrot, and celery and place on a baking sheet
- Place the roast on top of the vegetables
- Cook at 425 for 15-20 minutes then turn the heat to 300 and cook for 15 minutes per pound
- Using a meat thermometer, check the center temperature -110 degrees is rare in the middle
- Let the roast rest for at least half of the cooking time before slicing
Recipe courtesy of Chef Ed at Republic Restaurant in Manchester, NH