- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp.fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp.red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Sweet Italian Patties
- Make lemon mayonnaise by combining mayonnaise, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Set aside to allow for flavors to combine.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place patties on the grill.
- Grill onion slices until grill marks appear about 7 minutes on each side. Then toast buns.
- When burgers are done, top with fresh mozzarella cheese and heat until melted and set aside.
- Put burger together by coating both sides of the bun with lemon mayonnaise, then topping with tomato, onion, lettuce, crispy bacon, several fresh basil leaves, and the cheese/basil-covered burger.