We have eggs again! Farm Fresh Eggs!! Order online or shop in the store.
(2 1/2 pounds) Short Ribs-Scottish Highlander
(2 Teaspoons) Salt
(1 Teaspoon) Pepper
(1 Teaspoon) Olive Oil
(6 cloves) Garlic
(2 dried leaves) Bay Leaves - Optional
If the ribs are bone-in, use 3 1/2 pounds.
- Use sea salt and black pepper to generously season the short ribs on both sides.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute on High (or "More"). Add oil and let it heat up until hot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the short ribs in a single layer. Sear for about 5 minutes per side or until browned. You will need to do this in two batches so that they are not too crowded. Set the browned short ribs aside outside the pan as you get through them.
- Add the minced garlic to the empty Instant Pot, and saute for about a minute.
- Add the 1 cup water or beef broth to the Instant Pot. Use a wooden spoon to release any browned bits of garlic from the bottom of the pan (deglaze it). Shut off the saute function.
- Place the short ribs back into the Instant Pot, crowding them together in a single layer. Push the bay leaves into the broth. Close the lid and set the pin to Seal. Cook on High pressure for 40 minutes or 50 minutes for bone-in ribs. Use the Natural Release option for 10 minutes, then Quick Release if there is any pressure left.
- Remove ribs, let them cool and serve.