- (3-4 pounds) Grassfed Brisket
- (3-4 cloves) Garlic Cloves
- (1 tsp) Black Pepper
- (2 quarts) Water
- (1 cup) Salt
- (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- (2 table spoons) Saltpeter
- (One broken into pieces) Cinnamon stick
- (1 teaspoon) Mustard seed
- (1 Teaspone) Black peppercorns
- (8) Whole cloves
- (8) Allspice berries
- (8) Whole juniper berries
- (2 - crumbled) Bay leaves
- (1/2 teaspoon) Ground Ginger
- (2 pounds) Ice
- (One small sliced) Onion
- (One large coursely sliced) Carrot
- (1 stalk coursely chopped) Celery
1) Assemble the brine
Place the water into a large 6 to 8-quart stockpot along with salt, sugar, saltpeter, cinnamon stick, mustard seeds, peppercorns, cloves, allspice, juniper berries, bay leaves, and ginger. Cook over high heat until the salt and sugar have dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the ice. Stir until the ice has melted. If necessary, place the brine into the refrigerator until it reaches a temperature of 45 degrees F. Once it has cooled, place the brisket in a 2-gallon zip-top bag and add the brine. Seal and lay flat inside a container, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Check daily to make sure the beef is completely submerged and stir the brine.
2) Let your Miles Smith Farm grassfed brisket bathe in the pickling liquid for 3-5 days
3) Remove the corned brisket from the bath, discard brine.
4) Cook for about 1-2 hours in the Instant pot, longer in the slow cooker, for tender, falling apart corned beef, add veggies, and enjoy the result.