$10.99 lb HGWT or about $14/pound after the bones have been removed. The final price (between $2,500 and $3,000) will be determined by the weight of the side and is due on delivery or pickup.
These sides weigh around 250 pounds per half-hanging weight which yields about 180 pounds of packaged meat. This package includes a mix of approximately 45% steaks and roasts, 45% ground beef, and 10% misc cuts. This is great savings at $14/pound - a 25% savings.
For instance, if the hanging weight is 250 pounds, you will pay $2,400 for 180 pounds of beef. This means you will pay about $14 per pound of beef which is cut to your specifications and cryovac'd for freshness.
1. Taste: You can't beat the flavor of locally-raised beef.
2. Price: Buying a half or a quarter will save you money.
3. Convenience: You'll never have to worry about what's for dinner because your freezer will be full of delicious beef.
4. Humanity: Do you care about how the animals are treated? Then locally-raised beef is for because you can ask how your beef was raised and processed.
5. For the Health of It: Don't serve your kids the growth hormones and antibiotics that come with commercial meat.
6. Creativity: Are you in a cooking rut? I’ll help with recipes.