Duck stew is a savory mouth-watering, nose tingling dish to have ready when you come from work and are too tired to cook!
- A 3 to 4 pound whole duck
- 2 green apples
- 1 large, sliced vidalia onion
- head of fresh garlic
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups of Beer (the darker the better)
- a medium sized crock-pot
- a medium sized bowl
- Wash the duck. Do NOT remove skin.
- Core and cube the apples, place them in the bowl.
- Slice the onion, place the slices in the bowl.
- Fill the duck's cavity with the bowl contents. Keep remainder of bowl's contents.
- Place duck in crock pot.
- Pour beer in crock pot. Pour liberally over the duck, coating the skin.
- Place garlic, remainder of bowl's contents and carrots in crock pot.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. (4 hours for 3 pound duck, 5 hours for larger ducks).